OWC has debuted new Mercury Auro Pro drives which will let you upgrade the solid state drive (SSD) in your 2012 MacBook Air.
The Mercury Aura SSD line features SandForce DuraClass Technologies:
● DuraWrite extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD).
● Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD.
● Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
● Intelligent “Recycling” for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
● RAISE (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
● Best-in-Class ECC Protection for longest data retention and drive life.
To achieve the higher bandwidth potential of the SATA 6Gb/s bus standard, the OWC Mercury Aura Pro Express 6G SSDs utilize Synchronous Toggle NAND instead of commonly utilized Asynchronous NAND. Synchronous NAND enables reads and writes to be “synced” with the SSD processor’s clock signal for maximum data throughput.
The SSD drive can be purchased in the following capacities:
● 120GB $167.99
● 180GB $224.99
● 240GB $319.99
● 480GB $644.99
They drives come with a Torx T-5 screwdriver and a Pentalobe compatible driver for installation and feature a 3 year OWC warranty.