Microsoft has released Skype 6.0 which brings Retina Display support for MacBooks as well as Facebook integration.
● Microsoft and Facebook Account Integration
● Sign up and sign-in is easier than ever. You can now sign into Skype using your Microsoft or Facebook account – there’s no need to create a new Skype account. This makes it even easier to connect with friends on Skype without having to set up another account.
● IM friends on Messenger
● Now you can instant message your Windows Live Messenger, Hotmail and Outlook.com contacts via Skype all in one place. If you use a Microsoft account today, merging your accounts is easy – just sign in to Skype with your Microsoft account.
● Calling with Messenger friends is coming soon
● We’re working on polishing a feature which will enable audio and video calls to Windows Live Messenger customers using Skype desktop clients. The feature will be available in coming weeks.
What’s New with Skype 6.0 for Mac Desktop:
● Open Chats in Multiple Windows
● We hear your feedback! With this release we’ve added support to open chats in multiple windows.
● Retina Display Support
● We also added another feature you’ve asked for – support Retina display. Now you can take full advantage of improved usability and of higher resolution screens.