Philips has unveiled hue, a web-enabled LED home lighting system, sold exclusively via the Apple Store starting October 30th.
Hue allows you to create and control the light using your smartphone or tablet. The starter pack includes three bulbs that simply screw into your existing lamps, and a bridge that you plug into your home Wi-Fi router. Download the hue app to configure your lighting experience.
Philips hue can be setup in minutes. The intuitive app allows you to remotely control your home lighting to help secure your home, personalize your home lighting experience with custom settings and program timers to help manage your daily schedules, all through the convenience of a smart device. An intuitive and seamless system, Philips hue is upgradeable and future-proof, with the potential for more features to be downloaded and enjoyed in the future.
With its high quality energy-saving LED light, Philips hue allows you to tune shades of white light or create any color. In addition, Philips hue can:
● Save your favorite light scenes for each room or time of day and recall them in an instant
● Use any photo on your phone as a color palette to paint your room with light and bring your memories back to life
● Tune white light from warm candlelight to vibrant, cool white light
● Create ambience or complement your decor with the colors of the rainbow
● Control and monitor your lights remotely when not at home for security and peace of mind
● Set timers to help manage your daily routine
● Let light wake you up refreshed or help your loved ones fall asleep
Philips is opening up the hue app to the developer community and has created an open source platform at www.meethue.com inviting developers to explore the app and unleash even more possibilities to show what light can do to enhance your life. You can share light scenes or get inspired on the meethue.com community site. Philips hue uses the open ZigBee Light Link standard so that it can be integrated with other ZigBee certified systems.
Philips is developing future product features, such as allowing hue to integrate with other media including sound and video. Philips is also working on features such as geo-location services, allowing hue to sense when you are close to home and automatically turn on the lights, or turn them off when you leave.
Philips hue is available only from Apple stores and Apple.com for $199.
The Philips hue introduction pack includes:
● 3 hue light bulbs of 600 lumen (50Watt equivalent)
(Each hue light bulb covers all shades of white, from warm white light to cold with light, and a wide variety of color. Each hue light bulb uses 80% less power than a traditional light bulb.)
● A hue bridge to easily set up your lighting network
● A power supply for the hue bridge
● A LAN cable to connect the hue bridge to your router
● A download instruction for the app
The hue introduction pack can be enlarged with up to 50 individual hue bulbs costing $59 each.