Pandora has updated its radio app for iOS to version 4.0.
Pandora Radio is free personalized radio that only plays music you’ll love. Just start with the name of one of your favorite artists, songs or classical composers and Pandora will create a custom “station” that plays similar music.
You can also subscribe to Pandora One for $3.99 per month. Pandora One gives you:
• No Ads everywhere you listen to Pandora
Plus the following features on the web:
• Higher Quality Audio
• Desktop Application
• Custom Skins
• Fewer Interruptions
What’s New In This Version:
***Special note to iPad users***: An issue with this update and iPads running iOS6 prevents using Pandora in landscape mode. We will have a fix shortly.
A new Pandora for the iPhone and iPod Touch with the following added features:
• Share your latest discoveries with friends on Pandora, Facebook, and Twitter
• Discover new music by following others on the Music Feed
• Re-discover your favorite music on your profile page
• Explore the artists and music you love directly on your device
• Full lyrics for the songs we play
• Artist biographies and discographies
• Detailed track features from the Music Genome Project
• Find even more music you’ll love by adding variety to your stations
• Enjoy constantly updated and expertly curated genre stations
… and other great updates:
• Timer added to the track progress indicator – drag the player controls up to reveal the timer
• Support for the taller iPhone 5 screen
• Support for new BMW vehicles with the “BMW Apps” option, see bmwusa.com/apps for more details
• Numerous stability and performance enhancements
You can download Pandora Radio from the App Store for free.
Shazam has released an update to its Shazam Player app bringing support for the iPad.
Choose a music player with a difference – Shazam Player the NEW app from Shazam! Why just listen to your music when you can now see streaming lyrics, watch YouTube videos and read reviews of your favorite tracks and artists! Get to know your music with Shazam Player.
• Bring your music to life with LyricPlay. See streaming lyrics in time to the music – you’ll always have the words to your favorite songs with you.
• Share the soundtrack of your day on Facebook and Twitter
• Watch YouTube videos and concert clips
• Find tour dates for the bands and artists you’re into
• Manage your music – see your iTunes playlists and create new playlists on the fly
• Select your favorite tracks and hide ones you don’t want to hear
• Add to your music – buy new tracks on iTunes from within the app
• View music by artist/album/title and use the Track Tray to see all the great Shazam features available for each song
• Top tracks – a changing list of LyricPlay tracks – buy them straight from the app if you don’t already own them
• Identify new music you’re hearing by instantly launching the Shazam App
What’s New In This Version:
• Now optimized for iPad!
• View LyricPlay on your TV with AirPlay and Apple TV
• Enhanced Retina support for the new iPad
• Fun visualization for non-LyricPlay tracks
Pricing & Availability:
You can download Shazam Player from the App Store for free.
Jefferies analyst Peter Misek suggests that Apple will call its rumored television, the ‘iPanel’.
Misek recently upped his estimate for Apple’s stock to the $800 mark on the prospect of a television set from the company and noted that Apple may choose the name ‘iPanel’ instead of ‘iTV’.
“We now believe the iTV could be called ‘iPanel’ as it is far more than a TV; it is a display, gaming center, media hub, computer, home automator, etc. Also, Apple would likely have difficulty getting naming rights from the UK TV network ITV. “
Misek believes the new device will sell for around $1,250 and have 30% gross margins. His confidence that the device is coming soon is based on the $800 million investment in Sharp by Foxconn, checks in China that indicate specialty parts (polarized films, filters, and IGZO display components) for an Apple television have begun to ship to suppliers in “small quantities”, and the reported doubling of Apple’s North Carolina data center.
The analyst expects production of the ‘iPanel’ to begin in May or June for a launch at the end of the year.
Flutter uses your webcam to let you control iTunes and Spotify using in-air gestures.
We hated using the keyboard and mouse for controlling music in the background or watching movies on our computers from a few feet away. So we decided to solve this problem by using hand gestures to control music and videos via the built-in webcam in your computer.